2022 Street Improvement Project - Construction Update
Friday, November 18, 2022
The inclement weather has caused some delays in scheduling for construction, but we are beginning to wrap up work until spring.
Most recent updates include Oak Crest Drive, South Oak Drive and South Oak:
- Final street gravel grading was completed
- Trees were planted throughout the project
- Base course of asphalt was laid
- Manholes and gate valves were raised on all streets
- Wedge paving is expected to take place early next week. This is a process where asphalt is laid up against the curb to protect it from damage through the winter. The final lift of asphalt will be placed in the Spring.
- Asphalt driveways will likely be patched at the same time as the wedge paving. Your driveway will be prepped on Monday. There will be a small, removable ramp so you will not lose access to your driveway but please drive slowly and use caution. If you are not comfortable using the ramp, please park your car in your yard (off the road) or use your lawn to get to your driveway. Otherwise, please plan to park on side streets or at Community Park until your driveway is patched. As a reminder, once asphalt is compacted and cooled, you can drive on it almost immediately.
- Dormant seed will be laid where the turf was impacted. Turf establishment will be reevaluated in the spring.