Vadnais Proud Community Photo Contest
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a trying time for people around the world, but we have found hope in the strength of our communities to come together and support each other! Those who live, work, and go to school in Vadnais Heights are invited to join us in a photo contest. Show us the things that make Vadnais a great community to you – people, places, pets, anything is fair game as long as it’s within Vadnais Heights!
Submissions will be accepted May 18 – June 4, 2020. Voting will be open June 8 – 12, 2020: check back here to view the entries and vote for your favorite! All ages are invited to participate! Prizes will be awarded to the top photo in the Youth (under 18) and Adult (18+) divisions. Winners will be announced at the City Council meeting and on our Facebook Page on June 16! Photos will be posted to the City’s website and may appear in future publications.
- Photos must be submitted through the website as a .jpg or .png with a completed submission form by June 4, 2020.
- Photographs must be taken within the city limits of Vadnais Heights, Minnesota within the last year (June 4, 2019 – June 4, 2020).
- Contest is open to anyone who lives in, works in, or goes to school in Vadnais Heights. Each entrant may submit one photo to the contest. City employees and any contest judges are not eligible.
- Color and black and white photos are allowed. Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will not be considered. Photos should be at least 1 MB in size and 72 dpi or higher.
- Photos with professional logos or watermarks will not be considered.
- Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify photos with inappropriate content or that otherwise violate contest rules.
- All entries must be the work of the entrant, minors must have permission from an adult to participate. Completion of the online entry form is a guarantee that entrant is the creator and copyright holder of the photo.
- If there are identifiable people in the photograph, the photographer is responsible for obtaining the subject’s permission (or the permission of a minor subject’s responsible adult).
- Once they are submitted, photographs become the property of the City of Vadnais Heights, and the City of Vadnais Heights has all rights for usage.
- All decisions are final; contest judges reserve the right to award a winner. In the event of a tie in the online vote, City staff will select a winner from the tied entries.
- Prizes may not be awarded if no acceptable entries are received.
How to Enter
All entries must be submitted through the online form, and must include:
- Entrant’s name, address, email address, and phone number
- Image file uploaded in .jpg or .png format
- Permission of any identifiable people in the photograph (PDF download)
How to Vote
Voting will be open June 8 - 12, 2020. Check back here to view the entries and vote for your favorite!
Prizes will be awarded to the top photo in each contest division.
Youth Division (entrants under 18): Vadnais Heights swag bag (t-shirt, hat, mug, history book) and a $40 certificate redeemabl for a future Recreation program registration.
Adult Division (entrants 18 and over): Vadnais Heights swag bag (t-shirt, hat, mug, history book) and a $60 certificate for a future Recreation program registration.