Koehler Road Task Force
The section of Koehler Road between Edgerton Street and County Road E/Centerville Road in Vadnais Heights has been identified as an area of concern for pedestrian and bicycle safety. The City of Vadnais Heights has invested considerable time and resources to investigate improvement options and looks forward to working with Ramsey County and other local stakeholders to implement the project.
A Task Force of residents and stakeholders, formed in 2018, is studying alternatives for pedestrian/bicycle safety near Koehler Road, between Edgerton Street and County Road E/Centerville Road.
Please contact City Administrator Tim Sandvik with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-204-6013.
The City, the Task Force, and our stakeholders have made important steps to advance the project.
- An alternatives analysis was performed in 2019 to examine potential trail placement along the corridor and to identify the pros and cons of the different options.
- A formal land survey was completed in 2020.
- The City has partnered with Ramsey County to identify potential funding for the project. Ramsey County will be submitting the project for consideration to the Safe Routes to School Infrastructure Program through the Met Council.
Several meetings have been held along the way, and the City continues to invite our community to participate in the process of making Koehler Road a safer corridor for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Alternatives Analysis - Koehler Road (PDF)
- Koehler Road Corridor Map (PDF)
- Koehler Road Project Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Task Force Meeting Memo - 12/6/18 (PDF)
- Task Force Committee Meeting - 12/6/18 Minutes (PDF)
- Task Force Committee Meeting - 9/9/19 (PDF)
- Meeting Minutes - 9/9/19
- Video - Driving Eastbound on Koehler Road (MP4)
- Video - Driving Westbound on Koehler Road (MP4)