The City of Vadnais Heights recruits throughout the year for Paid-Per-Call/Part-Time Firefighters.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of Minnesota.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is desirable. Post-secondary or technical college courses in firefighting are desirable. Persons who are already certified in EMT, Firefighter I and II are encouraged to apply, however the City will provide required training for those applicants who have limited or no experience.
- Applicants must reside within a 30 minute drive time to either of the fire stations in Vadnais Heights.
- Complete a city application;
- Interview with VHFD Officers;
- Conduct and pass the physical agility test;
- Complete and pass a background check;
- Complete and pass physical examination and drug test;
- Offer of employment.
Employment openings for the Fire Department are posted on the Employment page
. If you have questions about the recruiting process, please view the Recruitment Flyer (PDF)
or please contact Assistant Fire Chief Mike Richter via email
or at 651-204-6082.